Business Administration Major – Overview
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree at MACU provides students with a foundation in fundamental business concepts. Our classroom and online business courses are comprehensive, preparing graduates to work in a variety of businesses and industries in both the public and private sectors.Whether the organization is public, private for-profit or nonprofit, leading an organization requires a broad range of knowledge and skills. Business Administration majors will develop abilities to assess organizations and develop strategic abilities and innovative solutions to equip people within the organization to help it achieve its mission. Students completing the Bachelors in Business Administration will have oral and written communication skills, discuss aspects of personal leadership, and learn basic marketing concepts, principles of managerial accounting, understand theories regarding organizational development, and apply best practices in directing an organization through strategic planning.
Business Administration Majors Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Develop abilities to assess organizations
- Develop strategic abilities and innovative solutions
- Develop oral and written communication skills
- Understand Leadership theory and its impact on organizations
- Discuss aspects of personal leadership
- Learn basic marketing concepts as well as principles of managerial accounting
- Understand theories regarding Business Administration and apply best practices in directing an organization through strategic planning
What Can You Do With a Business Administration Degree?
According to the NACE Research: Job Outlook Report for 2016, leadership is one of the top qualities employers look for when making hiring decisions. With a degree in Business Administration, you can work in a range of fields:
- Human Resources
- Quality Control
- Sales Manager
- Non-profit Executive
- Church Operations Manager
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Industry Highlights
- Employers are projecting an 11% growth rate in the number of college grads being hired upon graduation
- Demand for employees with a general Business Administration & Management degrees will grow by 47.8%
- 68.8% of Business nationwide are seeking Business Administration graduates
- 47.8% of Employers in the Southeast are seeking Business Administration grads
- Graduates with Business Administration degrees will find jobs in: Retail, Information Services, Finance, Insurance or Real Estate sectors.
Information from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; NACE Job Outlook Report 2016
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Learning Outcomes
|Required Courses||120/121 Semester Hours|
|General Studies||36/37 Semester Hours|
|Business Administration Major||39 Semester Hours|
|Biblical Studies Minor||18 Semester Hours|
|Open Electives||30 Semester Hours|
Students Successfully Completing the Bachelors of Business Administration Program Will:
- Know fundamental business strategies and policies;
- Use core business concepts and strategies to determine effective solutions to hypothetical and/or real life situations;
- Use fundamental management methods.
To learn more about our Mission, Student Life, Admission Process, and Academic Information please refer to our 2016 MACU Academic Catalog.