Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies – Program Overview
The Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies degree fulfills the General Studies and elective requirements of accredited four-year colleges, but does so from a Christian perspective. The Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies degree from MACU provides our students with expansive knowledge, which can help create a solid foundation for rewarding career opportunities and advancement.There are so many opportunities available to young people in the 21st century that choosing just one field of interest can be mind-boggling. You’re probably browsing this site because you’re trying to decide which of the thousands of colleges in the United States is the one for you.At MACU, students with a Degree in Biblical Studies have the opportunity gain a broad foundation of knowledge through general studies courses that cover every aspect of general education, including communications, humanities, history, biblical studies, and mathematics. For many adult students, this program is the first step toward completing a bachelor’s degree.
Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies Online
We often say “Give MACU a try for one year and see what a difference it can make in your life.” I’d like to extend that plea by saying, “Come to Mid Atlantic for two years, graduate with an Associate degree in Biblical Studies, and see which doors the Lord may open for you in the process.”Students who enroll in our Biblical Studies program usually do so for one of two reasons:
- They know they want to go on to a secular college and obtain a degree, but they want a solid biblical foundation before they go.
- They know they don’t want to go on to a secular college, but they do want a working knowledge of the Bible so they can be better workers in their local church.
If you fit into one of these categories, then the Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies program may be for you. The general studies courses in this program are usually transferable to any college or university, accommodating those who desire to complete their education elsewhere.
Students Receiving their Associate of Arts Degree in Biblical Studies Online Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Evaluate the Old and New Testaments from a literary perspective
- Apply relevant ancient cultural contexts and historical geography in the interpretation of the Old and New Testaments
- Summarize the storyline of the Old and New Testament Scriptures
- Asses modern cultural trends
- Learn to interpret the Old and New Testament Scriptures
- Complete their General Studies requirements for the completion of a future Bachelor’s degree.
What can I do with an Online Associate degree in Biblical Studies ?
Our Biblical Studies program provides the perfect foundation for furthering your studies and your life’s work! With an Associate Degree in Biblical Studies, you can work in a range of fields:
- Ministry Leader
- Staff Member in a church or parachurch organization
- Associate Pastor
- Mid or entry level management in larger retail, insurance offices, administrative support or small business offices
A recent survey of Mid Atlantic’s Associate of Arts: Biblical Studies graduates showed the following:
- 40% are employed in business offices (office managers, medical transcriptionists, financial counselors, loan processors)
- 20% are employed in churches (part-time ministers)
- 20% completed degrees at other colleges/universities
- 13% are employed in retail
- 13% are self-employed
Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies – Industry Highlights
- Graduates are academically prepared to complete a Bachelor’s degree
- Graduates acquire the critical thinking and communication skills required in business and trade-related industries.
- Students are well equipped for entry and mid-level management roles in retail, insurance, medical and the finance industries.
- Graduates succeed in staff and leadership roles in church and parachurch organizations.
Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies – Learning Outcomes
|Required Courses||63/64 Semester Hours|
|General Studies||30/31 Semester Hours|
|Biblical and Theological Studies||24 Semester Hours|
|Professional Studies||9 Semester Hours|
Students successfully completing the Associate of Arts: Biblical Studies online will:
- Have a foundational knowledge of Old Testament people and events;
- Have a foundational knowledge of New Testament people and events;
- Have a foundational knowledge of the biblical world as expressed through culture and geography.
- Be able to apply research methodologies to topics related to biblical studies
- Be able to communicate the message of the Scriptures to identified audiences
- Will be able to write clearly and concisely effectively communicating emotion, ideas and concepts.
- Have the ability as well as the experience of speaking and presenting in front of an audience.
- Have a strong foundational knowledge of world historical events, trends, religions and their influence on contemporary culture and the church.
- Have greater understanding of the Bible as literature.